|Financial Year ended||Type of Dividend||Quantum per Share||Payment Date|
|31 Dec 2011||Interim Tax Exempt||0.2 sen||3 May 2012|
|31 Dec 2010||Interim Tax Exempt||0.3 sen||23 Dec 2010|
|31 Dec 2009||Interim Tax Exempt||0.3 sen||10 Mar 2010|
|31 Dec 2008||Interim Tax Exempt||0.3 sen||8 May 2009|
|31 Dec 2007||Interim Tax Exempt||0.5 sen||11 Apr 2008|
|31 Dec 2006||Interim Tax Exempt||0.5 sen||15 Sep 2007|
|31 Dec 2006||Interim Tax Exempt||0.3 sen||15 Mar 2007|
Implementation of Electronic Dividend Payment (“eDividend”)
Electronic Dividend Payment or eDividend refers to the payment of cash dividends by a listed issuer to its shareholders by directly crediting the shareholders’ cash dividend entitlements into their respective bank accounts. One of the main objectives of implementing eDividend is to promote greater efficiency of the payment system. According to the proposed implementation timeline from Bursa Malaysia, all listed issuers who announce a books closing date for cash dividend entitlements on or after 1st September 2010 are required to pay the cash dividends via eDividend to their shareholders.
Some of the benefits of the eDividend system include:
1) faster access to dividends as they are credited directly to the shareholder’s bank account
2) convenience as shareholders do not need to go to a bank
3) one-off provision of bank account details for all listed issuers on Bursa Malaysia
4) better account management as shareholders have the option to consolidate the dividends from all their CDS accounts into one bank account
5) eliminates the issue of misplaced, lost or expired cheques.
To benefit from this service, shareholders are required to provide their bank account information to Bursa Depository. This can be done by registering with your Authorized Depository Agent (ADA) or stock broker from 19th April 2010. Shareholders have a grace period of one year, until 18th April 2011 to register with their stock broker. An administrative charge will be imposed once the one year period has lapsed. Please refer to Bursa Malaysia website for more information on the eDividend system.
JADI Investor Relations